Steps to Becoming a Resident

You can apply for a residential place in the Villa in two ways:-

You can either

  • Go to the My Aged Care website¬† and register as a client and organise an ACAT assessment
  • Place your referral to St Joan of Arc Villa on the My Aged Care website.
  • You will be contacted by the Villa if a room is available and you have completed the registration with the My Aged Care website.
  • Once we contact you we will organise for you to have an interview with our Office Manager or Accounts Officer to complete our Resident Application Form.

or you can

  • Contact your local ACAT team through the My Aged Care website.
  • Complete a request for an Asset Assessment from Centrellnk or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
  • Call us on (02)9799 8753 to book an interview with out Office Manager or Accounts Clerk to complete our Resident Application Form.

Department of Health – My Aged Care Website

Anyone contemplating aged care for themselves or a relative or friend should go to the My Aged Care Website for a full explanation of how to access services, the financial aspects and the types of services which can be  accessed (e.g. residential or home care).

My Aged Care is a website and contact centre, set up by the Australian Government to help you navigate the aged care system.

Through My Aged Care, you can find out what you need to know to start planning and talking about aged care with your family and loved ones.

My Aged Care can help you with:

  • locating services in your area
  • up-to-date information on aged care
  • finding your way through the My Aged Care website
  • referrals to assessment services
  • information about carer support services
  • estimating the fees you may be required to pay
  • obtaining copies of publications such as this one.

You can nominate a representative, such as your partner, carer or family member to call My Aged Care for you.

You can call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422* Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm local time (closed on national public holidays) and on Saturdays, 10 am to 2 pm (local time) or visit

If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment, we can help through the National Relay Service. Call 1800 555 677* and ask for 1800 200 422*.

If you need an interpreter, we can help through the Translating and Interpreting Service. Call 131 450 and ask for 1800 200 422*.

*Calls to 1800 numbers are free from fixed lines; however, calls from mobiles may be charged by your provider.